Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Bella Fiori

Hard to believe that today marks the 5th birthday for Bella Fiori. Seems like just yesterday that I was given the keys to the studio and walked in for the first time. Walking in with all kinds of ideas and dreams! 5 years later, still feel alive with ideas for the future of Bella Fiori. :)
A lot has changed in 5 years, I've meet so many wonderful people in the event industry, worked with tons of wonderful brides & grooms - and enjoyed providing flowers for their special day, have had some great worker bees come through the doors (and happy that Michelle will soon mark her two year anniversary here), traveled throughout much of Colorado - all for weddings, learned many Denver city streets - for deliveries!, have had the opportunity to continue my education in the floral industry - here in Denver and in other cities, participated in quite a few magazine articles - Grace Ormonde photo shoot is coming up in two weeks! Attended more networking events than I can remember - each one is a party in itself, this list could go on for awhile....

Some highlights & things I'm thankful for:
1) opening the doors for business March 1, 2003
2) having dinner with Preston Bailey, November 2006
3) television appearances, 2006
4) “The Knot 2007 Best of Weddings Pick” - May 2007
5) Selected by Elegant Bride as one of the top floral designers for weddings in the country - 2005
6) being accepted into bbrooks, June 2003
7) meeting Lisa Weddel AIFD, who has introduced me to AIFD symposiums and Rose Parade
8) Michelle starting work here, May 2006
9) being next door to Lifestyles Catering, Kaye and I have such a bond - our afternoon meetings outside so the dogs can play and we can talk about business. For the countless times I borrow their vans, their staff helps me and for all the wonderful food I have sampled. :)
10) Jessie who used to work here but moved to Hawaii - yet, still sends her friends here for flowers :)
11) all the florist friends that I have here in Denver

Things I am looking forward to:
1) Grace Ormonde Wedding Style photo shoot
2) Class with Paula Pryke in London
3) Applying for AAF through Society of American Florists
4) Becoming involved with Warren Tech floristry program, we will be providing job shadows for students.
5) Working on a book of wedding flowers

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." -- Mark Twain

1 comment:

Colleen Oakes said...

Hi! I'm Colleen Oakes from Oakes Fields Florist....we are a wedding florist also in Denver.

I love your blog and I love all the pictures..I would love to meet you sometime and "dish". : )

Gorgeous stuff..you are an inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails