Tuesday, May 12, 2009

at the studio :: continuing education

I feel one of the most important parts of being a good floral designer is to continue my education with other floral designers. Last month I attended a floral demonstration at our local wholesaler. What made this particular open house very interesting and fun are the ladies who gave the demonstration. I met Lisa Weddel and Kris Colwell about 7 years ago while working at Teal Floral Design. They are amazing friends who have taught me so much. Also, demonstrating at the open house was Crystal of The Perfect Petal, I'm fortunate to have Crystal as a friend - she is so sweet.
The ladies did an amazing job and I learned a few new techniques, particularly with corsages and boutonnieres.
Here are photos of the ladies hard at work!::


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails